Wednesday 10 August 2011

Why are you trying to kill me?

Ok, the title is a bit over the top but that's why me blogs called Complete Utter Banter. Now I am a frequent (perhaps to frequent) user of the site Play.com. Normal items I purchase from there are PS3 and Xbox 360 games and Blu Ray, you know, rectangular shaped boxes.

Now, big sale a very pointless things which you've wanted are in it. So I brought a mini portable (and very good) speaker. Now just before I get to the main point of the blog, I would just like to say I am not the most craziest person about saving the planet, I just like to help like recycling, turing off stuff I don't use etc. However when Play.com sends me a product which is 10cm in height and 8cm in diameter in a box measuring, get this now, 37cm in length, 28cm width and 10 cm high, I do get mad that they are wasting that much card which could be used to package at least 3 more of the same product.

Also one main thing packaging is suppose to do is protect, I can clearing see that the product must have had a bit of beating rolling about in the box.
Now I know what you are saying, but that's only one product, but if a load of these products are brought and possibly a lot of other small products like this are brought then that is a lot of packaging used and I know that not everyone recycles.
So the one main thing I have taken from this is if all our land fill sites get filled up or when all the trees are used up, I know how I am going to go blaming is.

No comments:

Post a Comment