Monday 15 June 2009

Previous Blog.

My previous blog post says about a Bus advertisement or 'Folly Farm' and to me how they made the mistake of incorrectly constructing a sentence.
'Come and see Wales' only Giraffes at Folly Farm' and I said that it is not a misprint by me, I am still right on that term by wrong on the terms of reading and understanding the sentence.

The comment on the blog 'Not something I do much' which my friend posted corrected me in my path of misunderstandment.
"It's meant to be Wales'"
if it was Wale's it looks stupid (and is wrong)
They are the only giraffes in Wales, so 'Wales' only Giraffes'
I thought they taught you English. Have you forgotten everything after a week?"

So in result, I admit that I am stupid (I admitted that ages ago), that St Teilos is a rubbish school as well as my English Teacher can't tech English to me, English is the Most complicated language ever. The last thing is that they should have constructed the sentence a way that everyone would understand.
"Come and see the only Giraffes in Wales at Folly Farm." simple.

2 comments:

  1. Fair point, the only giraffes in Wales makes much more sense
    English is far too complicated
    Have you tried reading shakespeare?
    P.S. St. Teilo's sucks. Miss Spouse and Miss Peters and terrible teachers
    How did Miss Todd-Parker get a job anyway? I've met smarter teaspoons

    ReplyDelete