Friday 18 September 2009

Guitar Hero World Tour. Wait, thats not new.

Me and the blogger Junkie Emerald Coast (Emyr) went into town on the release date of 11th of September for Guitar Hero 5. I was really undecided whether to get it but as he phoned me I thought, why not. So it all went well, I brought the Xbox GH5 and he brought the PS3 GH5 and I went back to his house and we played it there. After about half an hour. I really wanted to look at it. Opening it, I had a huge shock when I see that buying the Guitar Bundle for GH5 that they only sold me the old guitar from Guitar Hero World Tour.

The following day, I had went back into town to get the new one. I will give you one guess to where I brought GH5 and the idiots behind the desk would sell you a old Guitar,
GAME. I know even though I buy a lot of my games from GAME, they can be really Crap sometimes. That's only the start of the whole story.

Returning the game, it didn't go very well. My mum insisted that she came into GAME with me because they wouldn't listen to a kid. Going into GAME I said they that sold me the old Guitarfor Guitar Hero World Tour. They asked for the receipt which I had and they went back to trade it. Coming back with the same Guitar which I took in and they said that they don't have any of the new Guitars for the Xbox. The whole reason I brought the game with the Guitar is because I wanted the new guitar in GH5 which they didn't give me.

Explaining that I went into town the previous day to buy it with Emyr and he brought his on the PS3 , the only excuse they gave was that they haven't sold the new Guitars with the Xbox which I new was a total lie as I seen EXCLUSIVE Xbox videos with people playing the new guitar. After almost shouting to the top of my voice with my mum also the same, another person who works there came up and asked what was the problem I told him and he said that he could give me the game only for GH5 and give me the rest of the money back which would result in me not having the new guitar which I did want so I kept on arguing about it and finally he the guy who came over half way through (the nicer one) said that they would check the other GAME store and check the stock room again if they have any more.

And Surprise, Surprise they came back with the new one which in 2 minutes. What I think is that the first guy didn't even look for it. Anyway, my ranting a raving is over and I can now give my review on the game.

Guitar Hero 5 gives the gamer a whole lot of new choices. To play with any amount of instruments at one time, even for drums if you have them. Also if you have an Xbox like me or a Nintendo Wii, you can use your Mii which isn't the best with GH5 as the Mii's are rubbish qualityanyway, don't work as good as the Xbox Avatars, and really they are amazing. things available to all console users are that all the songs in the game are all ready unlocked and ready and there to play straight away if you are not a real person who likes the Career Which could be better than what it is.

In the Career you have the basic thing, go through it playing all the songs in the Career while unlocking venues. although another addition to the Career they have put in is challenges to complete while playing the songs. Challenges like, get the highest note streak as you can, hit as many chords as you can etc, and and you get Gold, Platinum or Cristal Disc's depending on who well you do. This isn't the best as if you don't have all the band instruments, you feel rubbish that you haven't really ompleted the challenge. The set list isn't totally the best but the same as World Tour, it has to grow on me.

The graphics are pritty cool. Even though from what I have said about it, it seems that I don't really like it, but I think it is really cool.
The Coner rating I think it deserves a:
8/10

2 comments:

  1. Game suck. They haven't heard of PSN cards and have the worst pricing system ever.
    I like GH5. The songs are good to listen, it's a shame that they are not fun to play. Rhythm songs are dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW after clearing my photobucket account months ago, I realized that your navigation buttons have been removed. I made some grunge arrows as a replacement. Let me know what you think. They'll be under the comment section.

    ReplyDelete