Wednesday 9 September 2009

Facing the Truth


Today, going into Game to buy Pure on Xbox I was struck buy 'The Beatles.' Today was the launch of the awaited 'The Beatles Rock Band.' Now I don't think this is very much of it as 1). I am not a Beatles Fan and 2). I Prefer Guitar Hero to Rock Band (and yes there is a difference). Although what did entertain me were the Guitar which were being sold in the Bundles, The Rickbacker 325 and the Grestch Dou Jet Guitars and the Hofner 500/1 Bass Guitar. Very cool and very different.

But then the truth struck me when I caught the bus going home. The Metro Newspaper was next to where I sat and the headline stood out, 'Beatlemania to strike again' and a picture of the game play.

The article was just generally talking about the Beatles history and how they have come so far that they are now in a game. To read the article click on the link,
Though the thing which most shocked me and is really true are the quotes which Pink Floyd star Nick Mason and Bill Wyman.

In the article it said that Sir Paul admitted to not playing the game. But then the worst thing that they could say bagging on the game but at the same time is the truth. Summary: Wyman said that "the game simulator makes fewer people dedicated to playing and instrument."

Along side Nick Mason commenting on it saying, "It irritates me having to watch my kids playing the game where if they spent as much time practising the guitar than pressing a few
buttons, they would be damn good by now.

This is technically true as I don't practice playing the Bass Guitar as much I should, but it's about doing something you like doing. And I like Guitar Hero (sort of like Rock Band but not the same).

For their information, Guitar Hero and Rock Band is good because it's easy to pick up and play unlike learning a real Guitar and you can play it with the family or friends without all of you having to learn a instrument.

3 comments:

  1. I should play my Les Paul as much as I play World Tour. I just don't. Currently Rock Band Beatles is averaging the same score as guitar Hero 5 on Metacritic. That proves that even with the one of the biggest names in music EVER, they can still only manage to be just as good as GH5.

    GH5 looks like a great laugh. When one person plays really badly, THEY fail, not the whole band. I no longer have to be pulled down online by those who can't stick to heir difficulty.

    P.S. I will not ever be playing Rock Band Beatles. I don't care about the Beatles music. The Rock Band guitars feel flimsy and the drums make far too much noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. emyr...has...a....GUITAR! (omg since when?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a guitar for a year now. I got it for my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete