Tuesday 1 September 2009

Buying to Down grade.


Today was seen as the new PS3 Slim release date and did I see it. Adventuring into town today and popping into Game to pre-order the new Guitar Hero 5 game plus guitar, I was shocked by the queue. I changed my plans and just had a look around and intending to leave I was stopped by rain and Thunder.

To not go out in it I then decided to queue. Well the amount of the feelings which went through my body, amusement, shock as I looked down what now seemed the longest tills ever 3 PS3 slims brought at the same time and another straight after. I couldn't close my mouth from how stunned I was.

Even though all these things came over me there is a lot of things that need to be thought about first. Me personally I like the design of the new PS3 slim although I still really like the original PS3 design also, Score 1-1. Getting serious, the Slim has push buttons to switch it on ((not cool)also doesn't help that the colour doesn't go well with the black of the slim). Then only 2 USB ports when the PS3 has 4 and consumers 34% less power and a lot more things

What I want to get to is that what you are paying for is a PS3 which is Slimmer and lighter in weight which I see no point in as you will hardly pick it up, less power, some of the feature of the PS3 the new has less or even none of (USB Ports, no power switch etc).
And the Most important thing is that the PS3 Slim and PS3 are now the same price, really all you are getting is a worse PS3 and that you have been pulled into buying it for it's new look.

Score: PS3 Slim 1 - Original PS3 - Lost Count, so many.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's 34% less powerful as a console. I think it uses 34% less power which is good for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the 60Gb had 4 USBs and card readers. They haven't sold PS3s with those features for years

    ReplyDelete