Friday 21 August 2009

Starview

On Wednesday I had a job interview at Starbucks Queen St (the one next to Sainburys). Being my first job interview I had no idea what to expect but what I did experienced was nothing of what I thought it would be. When I got the application form a few days ago I was told to be there at 5:00. I got the earily bus at 4:15 so I wouldn't be late and in result I was earily (as I thought) so went a did something else and the something else took 5 minuts so I thought I would just wait. Well wait is what I did.

If you have ever been in the Starbucks next to Sainsburys you would know that there are two floors. The stairs going to the upstairs, well there was a line from the top to the bottom of the stairs when I got there. Stupid me, the one thing which didn't occur to me when I got the application form was the sign which sad that it would be an OPEN job interview. Although I found that out I still wasn't happy when I had to wait for an hour to be seen when I got off the stairs. However at the same time I was amused to see the site of how many people must have gone into the Starbucks on that day and seen that there were jobs going and watching them fill out the application forms. HA HA, get prepared.

Supprisingly I wasn't really neverous and when I got called, it just went better. The interviewer was really impressed with my CV, and I was glad to hear that the job was not just for that one store but for all the Starbucks in Cardiff plus 2 more opening in St Daivds 2. But all in all It went really well. And when I finsihed, the line to be seen was quite far outside the door. Open job interview from 5:00 - 7:00, it sure seemed to be Starbucks first time in doing the open job interviews as they must have been ther as least 2 hours more with the amount of people who were there. Or could have stopped interviewing people at 7:00, I would really liked to know what they did. But sadly my chances of getting a job are a bit slim, but at the same time high as the interviewer was impressed. They said that they would let me know if I have or not got the job within 72 hours.

And now I have to play the waiting game for one more day now.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck
    If you get the job I will visit you at work
    But I probably won't get anything unless you get employee discount (wink wink nudge nudge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, they haven't contacted me since so tomorrow I should be getting a phone call off them, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete